Come experience Carmel Art Walk and meet 21 artist- owned galleries in Carmel-by-the-Sea on Saturday from 5-8:00 p.m. In the early 1900’s, Carmel was heavily populated with artists, making up 60% of the population of the home owners in the area. The beauty of the coast, liberal mindset, free-thinking community made it a breeding ground for artists to develop their style- giving birth to the Bohemian art culture. Today, experience the tradition along the century long tradition along the Carmel Art Walk.
The week picked up slightly from the previous week with 6 closed sales but the market has slowed from its robust summer pace; furthermore there was a slight slow down in sales with 8 sales reported with week showing signs Autumn is in full swing. For a full recap, please read the full week’s recap below.
The sweet spot in the market remains in the upper $1m and low $2m with 4 of 6 closed sales falling within that range. A bright, open concept Country Club West Coastal Craftsman style 5 bed, 4 bath house sold for $2.725m (4.4% off list price) after being on the market for two months; an off market cozy 1,395 sq. ft. Golden Rectangle 2 bed 2 bath cottage in Carmel sold for $2.1m (4.5% off list price); with only 12 days on the market this recently remodeled Carmel farmhouse in NE Carmel sold for $2m even (5.9% off list price); a large lot, conveniently located with privacy just two blocks to downtown sold for $2.015m (7.3% off list price); a completely remodeled contemporary near MPCC in Pebble Beach home sold for $1.825m (2.6% off list price, DOM: 210); just 18 days on the market, this 8th fairway MPCC fairway home sold for $1.17m (just 1.5% off list price).
The 8 new sales this week pushed the needle higher with a few prices north of the $4.5m mark. Sales consisted of a premiere off market ocean front condo in Spanish Bay (list price; $4.5m, DOM: 0); another off market, highly sought after Pebble Beach MPCC region European Country home over 3,000 sq. ft. (list price: $2.95m, DOM: 0); another recently remodeled ocean view home near Spanish Bay with 4 beds and 3 baths close to town (list price: $2.395m, DOM: 66); a cute little getaway in NE Carmel (list price: $.895m, DOM: 154); situated in the coveted Otter Cove with unobstructed ocean views (list price: $6.975m, DOM: 189); highly sought after ocean front MPCC (list price: $5.995m, DOM: 41); a rarely seen English Cotswolds landmark home ocean front on Scenic Ave (list price: $4.995m, DOM: 7); a 1960’s Highlands cottage with views (list price: $1.495m, DOM: 9).
There was no activity to report this week in Quail or The Preserve.
- CLOSED ESCROW: 1063 Rodeo Road, Sale Price: $2.725m (4.4% off list price)
- CLOSED ESCROW: 2908 Oak Knoll Road, Sale Price $1.825m (2.6% off list price, 8.5% off original list price)
- CLOSED ESCROW:1054 Mission Road, Sale Price $1.170m (1.5% off list price)
- NEW SALE: 1020 Rodeo Road, List Price: $5.995m, DOM: 41
- NEW SALE: 2876 Oak Knoll Road, List Price: $2.395m, DOM: 66
- NEW SALE: 1092 Lariat Lane, List Price, $2.95m, DOM: 0
- NEW SALE: 71 Spanish Bay Circle, List Price: $4.5m, DOM: 0
- ACTIVE LISTINGS: 82 Homes (Country Club West = 16, Country Club East = 9, Central Pebble = 33, Lodge = 13, Upper Forest = 11), 30 Lots.
- CLOSED ESCROW: Lincoln 5SW 10th Avenue, Sale Price: $2.015m (7.3% off list price)
- CLOSED ESCROW: 24777 Guadalupe Street, Sale Price $2m (5.9% off list price)
- CLOSED ESCROW: Carmelo 3SW of 13th Avenue, Sale Price $2.1m (4.5% off list price)
- NEW SALE: 26125 Scenic Road, List Price: $4.995m, DOM: 7
- NEW SALE: Guadalupe 2 NE of 5th Avenue, List Price: $.895m, DOM: 154
- ACTIVE LISTINGS: 81 Homes (NW Carmel = 16, NE Carmel = 16, SW Carmel = 11, SE Carmel = 11, Carmel Point = 14, Hatton Fields = 11), 9 Lots.
- NEW SALE: 5 Mal Paso Road, List Price $1.495, DOM: 9
- NEW SALE: 30620 Aurora Del Mar, List Price: $6.975m, DOM: 189
- ACTIVE LISTINGS: 26 Homes (7 Oceanfront), 5 Lots.
Quail / Preserve
- ACTIVE LISTINGS: Quail Meadows = 5 Homes, 1 Lot. Quail Lodge = 5 Homes, 1 Lot. Preserve = 14 Homes, 55 Lots.