The city of Carmel-by-the-Sea was incorporated on Halloween in 1916 so come join in the fun for its 103rd birthday on Saturday, October 26th from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. The parade will start at San Carlos and 8th streets and proceed from Ocean Avenue to Monte Verde, and back up Ocean Avenue, then back to the Sunset Center where lunch will be served by superheroes. Batman and the Batmobile will be on scene for photos and lunch will be served with City dignitaries, VIP’s, costumed dogs, residents and visitors alike for this local upbeat event.
The week had one less closed sale than the previous with 6 sales and saw a larger up tick with 11 new sales reported. Enjoy celebrating the City’s birth and go tour some open houses! For a full recap, please read the full week’s recap below.
We saw 4 Carmel by the Sea homes and 2 Pebble Beach homes close this week with the sweet spot between $1.5m-$2.5m. A large, newly remodeled Carmel beach house on a double lot sold off market for $6.35m (9.2% off list price); a 3,634 sq. ft. home with views of the Mission and Point Lobos sold for $2.565m after being on the market for 181 days (13.8% off list price); a 2005 custom home near Spanish Bay with unobstructed ocean views, this 3,190 sq. ft. home sold for $2.15m after two months on the market (10.2% off list price); on a quiet cul-de-sac in Northwest Carmel, this 1,536 sq. ft. cottage sold for $2.3m after less than a month on the market (0.2% above list price); a remodeled contemporary with views of Spyglass Hill sold for $1.971m after three months on the market (8.3% off list price); a small Carmel cottage in the Golden Rectangle at 1,412 sq. ft. sold for $1.6m after 11 days on market (1.5% off list price).
The 11 new sales this week highlighted two sales in The Preserve and one in Quail Meadows in the $6m-$9m range followed by an assortment in Carmel in Pebble north of $2m. New sales consisted of a premiere estate in The Preserve at 12,000 sq. ft. with 360 views of the Pacific and the Preserve Golf Club (list price: $8.998ml DOM: 122); a recently remodeled sophisticated contemporary multi-unit home in Quail Meadows (list price $6.75m; DOM: 69); a mid-century modern with stunning ocean views near Spyglass Hill (list price: $6.395m; DOM: 432); a classic Pebble Beach estate with filter ocean views (list price: $5.2m; DOM: 153); a newer home built in 2013 with very fine finishes near Carmel Point (list price: $4.995m; DOM: 7); a Pebble Beach estate near the Lodge with stunning ocean views (list price: $4.888; DOM: 412); located near the Preserve Golf Club on 9.4 acres with mountain views and a pool (list price: $3.8m; DOM: 155); a newly remodeled 2,296 sq. ft. home on a quiet street in Hatton Fields (list price: $1.899m; DOM: 135); a small Carmel Cottage in Northeast Carmel (list price: $1.55m; DOM: 59); a renovation opportunity across from the Mission (list price: $0.849m; DOM: 23).
- CLOSED ESCROW: 2876 Oak Knoll Road, Sales Price $2.15m (10.2% off list price, 13.8% off original price)
- CLOSED ESCROW: 1094 Spyglass Woods Drive, Sales Price $1.971m (8.3% off list price, 10.4% off original price)
- NEW SALE 1152 Spyglass Hill Road, List Price: $6.395m, DOM: 432
- NEW SALE 3929 Ronda Road, List Price, $5.2m, DOM: 153
- NEW SALE 1465 Oleada Road, List Price: $4.888 DOM: 412
- ACTIVE LISTINGS: 82 Homes (Country Club West = 15, Country Club East = 8, Central Pebble = 32, Lodge = 12, Upper Forest = 10), 31 Lots.
- CLOSED ESCROW: Carmelo 4SE Ocean Avenue, Sale Price: $6.350m (8.7% off list price)
- CLOSED ESCROW: 26162 Ladera Drive, Sale Price $2.565m (13.8% off list price, 21.7% off original price)
- CLOSED ESCROW: Lopez 11 NW of 4th Avenue, Sale Price $2.3m (0.2% off list price)
- CLOSED ESCROW: 9th 2NE Lincoln Avenue Sale Price $1.6m (1.5% off list price)
- NEW SALE: 2586 Santa Lucia Avenue, Sale Price $4.995m, DOM: 7
- NEW SALE: 3238 Taylor Road, List Price: $1.899m, DOM: 135
- NEW SALE: NW Corner Guadalupe and 1st Street, List Price: $1.55 DOM: 59
- NEW SALE: 3049 Rio Road, List Price: $849,000 DOM: 23
- ACTIVE LISTINGS: 81 Homes (NW Carmel = 16, NE Carmel = 13; SW Carmel = 11, SE Carmel = 10, Carmel Point = 16, Hatton Fields = 19), 10 Lots.
- ACTIVE LISTINGS: 21 Homes (9 Oceanfront), 6 Lots.
Quail / Preserve
- NEW SALE 5493 Oak Trail, List Price: $6.7m, DOM: 69
- NEW SALE: 8018 River Place, List Price: $2.098m, DOM: 9
- NEW SALE: 6 VISTA CIELO, List Price: $8.998m, DOM: 122
- NEW SALE: 36 Pronghorn Run List Price: $3.8m, DOM: 155
- ACTIVE LISTINGS: Quail Meadows = 2 Homes, 1 Lot. Quail Lodge = 4 Homes, 1 Lot. Preserve = 12 Homes, 50 Lots.